On Sunday, 07/13/2008 at 06:54 EDT, "Martin, Terry R. (CMS/CTR) (CTR)"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> If I want to set up a HiperSockets link between one of my z/OS LPARS and
> z/Linux guest can I just make the necessary changes to my z/OS TCPPARMS
on that
> LPAR with the GATEWAY IP pointing to the z/Linux guest? Then on the
z/Linux
> guest create a route supplying the HiperSockets information associating
the IP
> of the z/OS LPAR? I am assuming that I do not need to define anything
for this
> connection in the TCP/IP PROFILE on the z/VM side is this a correct
assumption?

As always, when you're trying to decide what must be configured, and how,
start with a picture.  HiperSockets are LAN segments.  Define them to z/OS
and Linux as such, just as you would if it were an ethernet.

If VM TCP/IP is not in your picture - in the data path, then it need not
be updated.  It is impossible to give you an absolute answer since I don't
know what your network looks like.