I think CMS reads the console input anyway.  Maybe this was changed with XA.
- Without AUTOCR, the console read by SYSPROF EXEC gets it and stacks it again
  ==> you'll find the presence of an XAUTOLOG parameter in QUEUED()
- With AUTOCR, SYSPROF doesn't read it (but CMS id)
  ==> EXTERNALS() will be > 0

--
Kris Buelens,
IBM Belgium, VM customer support