Try MAKEBUF instead of MAKBUF; rc = -3 is command not found.

Wouldn¹t the close command be CLOSE OPERATOR CONS? Not CONS OPERATOR...

This is without getting any manuals or help files involved, and my mind
isn¹t what it used to be, so no warrantee implied...

--
Robert P. Nix          Mayo Foundation        .~.
RO-OE-5-55             200 First Street SW    /V\