From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Alan Altmark
Sent: Thursday, July 17, 2008 2:54 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: VSWITCH

On Thursday, 07/17/2008 at 02:39 EDT, "Martin, Terry R. (CMS/CTR) (CTR)"

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I have a quick question. Can the same physical OSA address be used on
different
> VSWITCHES?

The same *chpid* can be used on different VSWITCHes.  That is, LPAR1 and

LPAR2 can share an OSA chpid.  The device numbers used by each LPAR are
not important - they can be the same or different - it depends on the
IOCDS.

Within a single z/VM LPAR, the same device address cannot be used, but
as
with LPARs, you can have multiple VSWITCHes share the OSA using
different
device addresses.  But when that happens, I start to question why you
need
two VSWITCHes.