I don't know if this is your problem, but several years ago I started putting
this in my OPERATOR profile exec, it seemed to solve several 'strange'
problems.. 'CP SET SYSOPER OPERATOR'

-----Original Message-----
From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Behalf Of Scott Rohling
Sent: Friday, July 18, 2008 8:11 AM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: PROP not running on OPERATOR after REIPL

Seeing something a bit strange and wondering if anyone has any insight. =

When doing a SHUTDOWN REIPL  (issued from the OP1 userid), we get the
following message at restart:

HCPUSO967I  -- the help for this message indicates:

HCP967I   Disconnect userid - system restarted <MMMMMM| SHUTDOWN> and sys=
tem
          console not VM operator console.           =
                         =

                         =
                         =
                         =

Explanation: This message appears at system restart after a CP system fai=
lure
or SHUTDOWN REIPL command. This occurs only if the system operator was no=
logged onto the primary system console at the time the system failure or =

SHUTDOWN REIPL occurred.

OPERATOR was running disconnected when the reipl occurred.  The result is=

that PROP is no longer running on OPERATOR when the system reipls as it
appears the PROFILE EXEC for OPERATOR is not executed.

Since it's typical to run OPERATOR disconnected and not logged into the
system console - this doesn't really make sense to me.  Why is OPERATOR
'reconnected' instead of doing a full login?

Has anyone run into this?  How do you keep PROP running on OPERATOR after=
SHUTDOWN REIPL?

Thanks for any insight!

Scott Rohling