On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 2:06 PM, Mary Zervos <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I need to move our one and only SFS user from a z/VM 4.4 system
> to a z/VM 5.3 system on a new mainframe.  The quickest
> way I can see?.....Fileserv backup the VMSYSU file pool and
> send the file from the old VMSERVU 305 (data disk) to the
> new VMSERVU user 305.  Sound right?

You really can't copy the data disk like that because the catalog info
is on the other disk. You *can* take a DDR copy to identical disks on
the other side. But that replaces the entire filepool, not just one
user.
More convenient is an SFS UNLOAD FILESPACE xxxx  (to a disk file) and
then SFS RELOAD that again on the other side.

Rob