I'll second the motion. Track is great and Jim's efforts are very much appreciated.

I emailed him a week or so ago with a question on a problem that I had seen since going from z/VM 4.4 to z/VM 5.3 last summer. The sysprogs' personal id's here have CP priv. classes EG. With 4.4 we had been able to see another userid's console, at least what was in the "incore" (old age showing) buffer from our personal id's. We couldn't with 5.3 unless we got on MAINT. We had been running with a "MODIFY COMMAND LOCK IBMCLASS A PRIVCLASSES AE" on our id's. Jim said that UNLOCK should also be added and, new to V5, give class E diag 290 capability. I added the UNLOCK and "MODIFY DIAG 290 PRIVCLASSES AE" Works like a charm.

Thanks again, Jim.

Jim

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
I wanted to check the VM prefix page to see if something was enabled,
and I have forgotten how to find display CP control blocks in storage.
In looking around for a how-to, I found a reference to our old friend
Track being able to display the prefix page. Problem solved. A BIG
'Thank You!' to Jim Vincent and all the other Track contributors.=20

Track: the VM System Programmer's Swiss Army Knife!

Peter

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to =
which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged mate=
rial.  Any review retransmission dissemination or other use of or taking =
any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other=
 than the intended recipient or delegate is strictly prohibited.  If you =
received this in error please contact the sender and delete the material =
from any computer.  The integrity and security of this message cannot be =
guaranteed on the Internet.  The sender accepts no liability for the cont=
ent of this e-mail or for the consequences of any actions taken on the ba=
sis of information provided.  The recipient should check this e-mail and =
any attachments for the presence of viruses.  The sender accepts no liabi=
lity for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this e-mail.  This=
 disclaimer is property of the TTC and must not be altered or circumvente=
d in any manner.

--
Jim Bohnsack
Cornell University