I don't kniw your VM expertise level so, so you may know all this:
Did you update the CP directory for this Linux guest:
- if the new disks are include in USER_VOLUME (i.e. they get ATATCHED
to SYSTEM), then MDISK statement must be added.
- otherwise you need DEDICATE statements.

Kris Buelens,
IBM Belgium, VM customer support