I don't know about running a guest operating system designed for a
370 machine like MVS or DOS/VS.  I think you would need SET MACHINE 370.

I used the option to run an old version of VTAM in z/VM 3.1.

/Fran Hensler at Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania USA for 45 years
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]  http://zvm.sru.edu/~fjh  +1.724.738.2153
              "Yes, Virginia, there is a Slippery Rock"