On Thu, 17 Jul 2008 08:47:19 -0400, Alan Altmark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]

wrote:

>On Thursday, 07/17/2008 at 07:50 EDT, Fox Blue <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>wrote:
>> I set up the REXEC daemon on z/VM 5.3 and wanted to do a logon of a
>userid
>> RVMCP with my own credentials. For this the RVMCP directory entry has
>> LOGONBY option that names my own userid.
>>
>> When I do a LOGON RVMCP BY myuser then it works well. However when I d
>> this via rexec such as rexec -l rvmcp.by.myuser remote.host q names th
is
>gives
>> me a return code of 00001 saying that myuser may not login as RVMCP.
>>
>> I didn't find any additional information for eventual additional
>> configuration of REXECD on this in the documentation, so maybe somebod
>> has experienced a similar problem and could give me a hint.
>> I have RSU 0801 applied on the system.
>
>Do you have an ESM (RACF, VM:Secure, etc.)?
>
>Alan Altmark
>z/VM Development
>IBM Endicott

No, there is no ESM only basic z/VM authorisation.

Meanwhile we opened a PMR and got already a fix. The reason was that the
userid field was not padded with blanks to lenght of 8.

The fix is working well and we are waiting for the APAR/PTF.

Best regards,
Florian