A safety reminder: If you're planning to replace disk subsystems, make
sure your Linux guests (particularly any SLES 10 or above) guests do NOT
use by-ID paths in /etc/fstab. Fix this BEFORE the new disk goes in,
both RH and SuSE (Debian, too), or your guests will not be able to find
their filesystems (and thus won't boot or run).

This really should be in IBM and other DASD vendors planning information
for new installs, and I'd demand a fix from your Linux vendors. By-ID is
a stupid default for this architecture (for any architecture, I'd
argue...) and needs a fix ASAP.

IBM, EMC, Hitachi: how do we get this added to your planning guides? RH,
Novell, how about it?

-- db