On Thursday, 08/28/2008 at 05:07 EDT, "Gentry, Stephen"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I?ve googled this and haven?t come up with anything definitive. What is
userid
> TSAFVM  and/or what is it used for?

Eric has the right of it.  Is is the Old School way to access APPC/VM
(DB2, SFS, homegrown) applications on other VM systems over a CTC link. It
has since been replaced by ISFC (CP ACTIVATE ISLINK) but it still useful
for 1st-to-2nd-level configurations.

Creating a collection, whether via ISFC or TSAF, requires that you do work
to ensure that every person has a unique userid among all the systems in
the collection.  That is, you confirm that user GENTRY is owned only by
Stephen Gentry - that no other person has the user ID GENTRY on any system
in the collection.  What we call a "flat user ID name space".

TSAF is used if you use IBM-provided system migration tools for a 2nd
level install.