Hi guys,

We have a machine with two LPARs; one z/OS and one z/VM. The hardware config is
done via z/OS and z/VM picks up devices automatically via sensing. We've
recently added a number of new DASD devices at 8000-8FFF for the z/OS side.

Unfortunately, z/VM uses an EDEVICE at 8000 to access some FCP disks. Now the
EDEVICE can't be created as z/VM is sensing the DASD at 8000 and creating an
RDEV for it. I can manually delete this and then create the EDEVICE but I
really would like to do this automatically by having the EDEVICE statements in
SYSTEM CONFIG.

I've tried changing the DEVICES statement to not sense the 8000 device and not
bring it online at IPL but none of this seems to work. NOTACCEPTED doesn't
build an RDEV but then z/VM won't let me create an EDEVICE either!!

Anyone know how I can stop z/VM creating an RDEV at 8000 so I can use it as an
EDEVICE?

Cheers,

Darren

This e-mail has come from Experian, the only business to have been twice named
the UK's 'Business of the Year’
Information in this e-mail and any attachments is confidential, and may not be
copied or used by anyone other than the addressee, nor disclosed to any third
party without our permission. There is no intention to create any legally
binding contract or other binding commitment through the use of this electronic
communication unless it is issued in accordance with the Experian Limited
standard terms and conditions of purchase or other express written agreement
between Experian Limited and the recipient.
Although Experian has taken reasonable steps to ensure that this communication
and any attachments are free from computer virus, you are advised to take your
own steps to ensure that they are actually virus free.
Companies Act information:
Registered name: Experian Limited
Registered office: Talbot House, Talbot Street, Nottingham NG80 1TH
Place of registration: England and Wales
Registered number: 653331