> I'm am using network device QDIOETHERNET: OSA-Gigabit Ethernet with
> my OSA device addresses (E000-E002) dedicated
> to NOVSTART in my directory. When I IPL the SLES10
> starter system, I get the following message:
> (It doesn't give me the choice to choose '3' as my network device.)
> Is there a statement I need to add to the profile exec on
> NOVSTART to implement the network connectivity?  (The exec doesn't
give
> me a choice to choose which network device I am using.)

Others have probably answered this already, but the starter system is
configured as an appliance, so you don't get full configurability. You
have to attach the network adapter at virtual address 340 if you are not
using a virtual NIC (and even if you are, you still have to use address
340).

The systems you install from the starter system have full
configurability.

(God, I need an eighth day in this week. *sigh*)

-- db