On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 3:27 PM, Kris Buelens <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I never set tis up for a user like VMUTIL, but only to be able to
> logon to my colleague's userid with my password when he was on
> vacation (and a alike for my user when I was on vacation).

And that's exactly why you should keep that separate. You mess up
auditing by letting someone else use your personal userid. Even when
you're on vacation, your colleague is not you (unless he's posting in
your name on the list, paying bills out of your bank account, etc).
Most corporate security regulations forbid such schemes for a good
reason.
I know it's easy for folks at the helpdesk to take control of an
end-user account like this, but it is probably a good warning for the
user to find that he's not able to use it himself during such period.

If you keep roles in functional userid (even if under normal
circumstances there is only one individual using it) then delegating
tasks temporarily is easy.

Rob