Steve,

I'm a little confused by your reply for R/R processing.

For minidisks, the MDISK statement in the directory allows you to
specify access modes with MWV where the 'V' stands for CP's simulation
of virtual R/R processing. In this case, for a minidisk, I always
thought that CP would simulate the R/R processing but CP would also
change the R/R CCW to a SENSE CCW. Moreover, if the real DASD where the
minidisk is allocated is defined to CP as SHARED, CP was obligate to
send the R/R CCW to the hardware.

For dedicated DASD to a virtual machine, if the dedicated device is
defined to CP as SHARED, the CP will pass the R/R CCW to the hardware.
If the dedicated DASD is not defined as SHARED, CP will change the R/R
CCW to a NOP or SENSE CCW, I can't remember which.

I can't think of any configuration combination where CP would treat a
R/R CCW as a command reject.

OK, I know it's Friday and I may be having a really bad 'senior moment'
here, so I would appreciate any clarification you have for this topic.

TIA

HITACHI
 DATA SYSTEMS
Raymond E. Noal