Hi

I am trying to bring up my test LPAR which is a clone of another VM
LPAR. Before I did this I needed to update the SYSTEM CONFIG file and
the USER DIRECTORY to point to different RES, PAGE, SPOOL..etc.

I attached the RES of the system I am trying to bring up to the working
system, I then issued a DEFINE MDISK 991 39 120 53DRES and then ACC 991
M.

After I did this I was pointing to my SYSTEM CONFIG file on the TEST
RES. I made the changes to the SYSTEM CONFIG file and saved it.

Next, I wanted to change the USER DIRECT to point to different RES and
such. I did another DEFINE MDISK 991 511 175 53DRES and then ACC 991 M.

After I did this I was pointing to my USER DIRECT file on the TEST RES.
I made the changes to the USER DIRECT file and saved it.

Next, I tried IPLing the TEST LPAR and I noticed that it was still
looking at the SYSTEM CONFIG without my changes from above as well the
USER DIRECT without my changes from above. It appears that the changes
did not take.

Where did I go wrong?

Thank You,

Terry Martin

Lockheed Martin - Information Technology

z/OS & z/VM Systems - Performance and Tuning

Cell - 443 632-4191

Work - 410 786-0386

[EMAIL PROTECTED]