>>> On 10/2/2008 at  2:04 PM, in message
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "Austin, Alyce
(CIV)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Well, I tried both the starter system default password and the new
> password I changed it to
>
> to logon on as root for the full-service starter system from my SSH
> client and neither one works.

I need some clarification here.  Are you trying to SSH to a Linux system that
you are in the process of installing?  If so, there is no default password.
During the setup process before you SSH in, you are asked for a temporary root
password to be used.  That is the password you need to use when you SSH in to
enter the "yast" command.

The prompt is right after you select the "display type."
Select the display type.

1) X11
2) VNC
3) SSH

> 3

Enter your temporary SSH password>

Or, if you're entering the network information into the parmfile, it is the
"SSHPassword=" keyword.

Mark Post