From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Bill Munson
Sent: Thursday, October 09, 2008 10:07 AM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: VMUTIL loop

Scott,

Is this the last statement in your WAKEUP PARMS file ?

ALL      23:58:00 10/08/08 MSG01

it should be
like this;

 *  BEGIN OF NIGHT SHIFT
 ALL      19:00:00 10/08/08 EXEC NEWBBH
 ALL      21:00:00 10/08/08 EXEC NEWBBH
 ALL      23:00:00 10/08/08 EXEC NEWBBH
 ALL      23:58:00 10/08/08 MSG01

good luck

Bill Munson
Brown Brothers Harriman
Sr. z/VM Systems Programmer
201-418-7588

President MVMUA
http://www2.marist.edu/~mvmua/

Scott Rohling <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

10/09/2008 09:51 AM

Please respond to
The IBM z/VM Operating System <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>

IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU

cc

Subject

VMUTIL loop

I've noticed that our console logs for VMUTIL are huge...  it seems that
just before midnight - it starts spewing this message:

DMSCYW2246I*
DMSCYW2246I*
DMSCYW2246I*
DMSCYW2246I*
DMSCYW2246I*
DMSCYW2246I*
DMSCYW2246I*
DMSCYW2246I*
DMSCYW2246I*
DMSCYW2246I*

For thousands of lines -- and then at midnight all is well..   There is
a MIDNIGHT function in VMUTIL SCHEDULE that I commented out, just in
case this was causing the issue - but that didn't help.

Anybody else use VMUTIL and see this?

Thanks -

Scott Rohling

________________________________

*************************** IMPORTANT NOTE *****************************
The opinions expressed in this message and/or any attachments are those
of the author and not necessarily those of Brown Brothers Harriman &
Co., its subsidiaries and affiliates BBH. There is no guarantee that
this message is either private or confidential, and it may have been
altered by unauthorized sources without your or our knowledge. Nothing
in the message is capable or intended to create any legally binding
obligations on either party and it is not intended to provide legal
advice. BBH accepts no responsibility for loss or damage from its use,
including damage from virus.

This e-mail message contains PRIVILEGED and CONFIDENTIAL
information and is intended only for the use of the specific
individual or individuals to which it is addressed. If you are not
an intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that
any unauthorized use, dissemination or copying of this e-mail or
the information contained herein or attached hereto is strictly
prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, notify the person
named above by reply e-mail and please delete it. Thank you.