> z/OpenBSD -- wibni?

Yeah, it would. I just don't think anyone's got the spare time to spend
on something that has even less commercial support than Linux and
OpenSolaris. The justification for doing both Linux and OpenSolaris had
to do with mindshare and commercial access, with Linux attaining a
growing mindshare, and OpenSolaris acting as a skills bridge, as well as
bringing some of the unique Solaris extensions that Linux hasn't
acquired yet. OpenBSD would be fun, but you can run everything that it
does on Linux, so it'd be a hard sell.

If we do another native OS port, I'd be more interested in bringing
i5OS, AIX or OpenVMS over. AIX has a few things that neither Linux or
Solaris has developed, and has an application following already, while
OpenVMS would be even more attractive from the canned system front

Still, it'd be fun to have a true BSD derivative on 390. AOS was nice on
the RTs, and there still are a bunch of semantic things that I really
hate about SVID-based systems.

-- db