HIDRO can be used for selective restores also
and depending how it is set up , will only backup ID's that have been
updated , and full backups
as scheduled also
It is always good to have full vol DDR backups taken periodically along w/
HIDRO
when doing Hidro restores also has options, from on-line panel

             "Wandschneider,
             Scott"
             <Scott.Wandschnei                                          To
             [EMAIL PROTECTED]         IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
             com>                                                       cc
             Sent by: The IBM
             z/VM Operating                                        Subject
             System                    Re: VM & HiDRO
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             ARK.EDU>

             10/09/2008 01:30
             PM

             Please respond to
               The IBM z/VM
             Operating System
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                 ARK.EDU>

HiDRO is designed for Full volume backup / restore for Disaster
recovery.  With out free space backup this would not be able to be
accomplished.

Thank you,
Scott R Wandschneider
Senior Systems Programmer