On: Fri, Oct 24, 2008 at 12:20:26PM +0200,Rob van der Heij Wrote:

} On Fri, Oct 24, 2008 at 10:00 AM,  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
} > I will be out of the office starting  10/24/2008 and will not return until
} > 10/25/2008.
}
} Ok, it's friday..  When looking at my thrash folder I see that we have
} indeed loads of these to the mailing list, but my gmail filter puts
} them all aside before I see them. I use the "out of office" in the
} subject, so this slipped through (plus others that are creative).
} I thought most email agents had the ability to do the away-response
} only when you're on the "to:" recipient list and not on the "cc:"
} list. Would be nice if people could investigate to use that, or
} otherwise avoid to send such to the mailing list. If nothing else, you
} can also tell listserv to set you to NOMAIL when you leave.

Listserv (which is the software that drives this (and many other) lists)
has a content filter which if enabled will block most of these OOO (Out
Of Office) messages.  I have written to Dan (the listowner) several
times offering to give him the filter commands that could be added to
the list configuration, but he has never responded to any of the emails.

--
Rich Greenberg  N Ft Myers, FL, USA richgr atsign panix.com  + 1 239 543 1353
Eastern time.  N6LRT  I speak for myself & my dogs only.    VM'er since CP-67