Greetings,

We are starting to migrate a lot of our users from SNA to TCP/IP.

I have the SCEXIT EXEC set up to do a DIAL into VTAM in order to access
our CA-TPX session manager.

I am having problems with getting the terminal definitions passed
through. For example, if I create a 3278 Model 5 terminal with my
emulator and connect to the VM TCP/IP stack I may get dialed in to VTAM
as say, virtual address 070. This is defined in VM/VTAM as such:

DEVTERMS LBUILD

TC070    LOCAL CUADDR=070,TERM=3277,USSTAB=USSTCPIP,FEATUR2=EDATS,     *

               LOGAPPL=TPX

To TPX (and even if the LOGAPPL is set to VM) the terminal acts as a
Model 2 not as a Model 5.

How can I pass the device characteristics through?

Thanks,

Mike Horlick

CGI Montreal