On Monday, 11/03/2008 at 03:59 EST, Colin Allinson
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> - If the user does not attempt to log on to TSO (or user one of the
password
> protected TCPIP functions) there will be no requirement to change
password for
> just job submission.
> - A job submission will reset the inactivity timeout start point.
> - A user will become REVOKED if there is longer than 60 days between
jobs
> submitted to z/OS (and no other activity).
>
> I have worked this out from what appears to have happened, - but is this

> understanding correct? It could have an influence on how we go about
resolving
> this issue.

Automatic revocation is based on the user profile LAST-ACCESS date in the
database (LISTUSER to see it).  Yes, I would expect job submission on z/OS
to update the last access date since the profile is needed to create the
security context (ACEE) under which the job runs.

If the user is a PROTECTED user on z/OS, then he is immune to automatic
revocation.  (z/VM does not yet have PROTECTED users.)  This is an
inferred attribute - see the books.