Hi All,

Just looking for possible causes of a new problem. We started getting
interface control checks whenever Hidro or Connect:direct try to start
up. In both cases they are doing their own version of formatting or
writing to disk. System is up and running, and regular CMS formats, as
well as spooling and paging all look good. The problem happens over all
4 chpids and any disks behind them. IBM helped with a trace and it shows
a 'real' hardware problem. Hitachi stated there are no hardware errors
on their end. When the problem first appeared, an unused ICF was being
recharacterized as an IFL by the IBM CE (within the same few minutes).
I'm trying to figure out why there would be a connection.

This is a z890 running 1 z/VM 5.2 partition.