I saw the original posting about IFCC's and my first thought was that in the "olden" days, operations or a CE would start looking for bent pins in a bus and tag cable pair. I was afraid mentioning that, however, would show my age.
Jim

Alan Altmark wrote:
If you're getting them on all 4 chpids, then there must be something common to all 4 chpids that is causing the problem:
- Are all 4 chpids plugged into the same card on System z?
- Is your director/switch logging any errors?
- Did someone yank on a group of cables, damaging them or stressing the connectors?

Back in the day, an IFCC on a copper channel was usually the result of a bent pin or poorly seated connector. That is, electrical signals were not flowing properly. If the light isn't shining properly, you can get an IFCC on an optical cable. The h/w guys will have to help you with that.

Jim Bohnsack
Cornell University
(972) 596-6377 home/office
(972) 342-5823 cell