Thanks Rich!

Terry

-----Original Message-----
From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Rich Smrcina
Sent: Thursday, November 06, 2008 10:51 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: What to do when my A disk is full

Martin, Terry R. (CMS/CTR) (CTR) wrote:
> Hi
>

> My A disk is full and I am not sure of the easiest or correct steps to

> take to increase the size of my A disk. Any help would be appreciated!

As Alan and Mike indicated, define a new minidisk to the virtual
machine, then format
it.  Access it as a new filemode, then copy all of the files from your A
disk to the new
filemode:

COPY * * A = = <newfm> (OLDD

where <newfm> is the new filemode letter.  OLDD preserves the timestamp
of the files.

When the copy is done and you are satisfied that all of the files are on
the new disk,
format the 191 disk.

minidisk device number
to 191.
--
Rich Smrcina
VM Assist, Inc.

Catch the WAVV!  http://www.wavv.org
WAVV 2009 - Orlando, FL - May 15-19, 2009