On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 8:36 PM, Wandschneider, Scott
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  Thanks Dennis.
>
> Maybe with all the response I will get approval or not :)

One more from the peanut gallery... we don't get "I/O problems" on
DASD these days. That used to be in the old days where we still had
platters with rust that rotate... ;-) If you really have I/O problems
then it would probably affect the entire DASD subsystem, so you have
also other things to worry about (maybe someone on MVS using your
volumes for something else?)

It may also be that the page volume was not correctly formatted and CP
complains and makes you *think* there are I/O problems on the device.
In that case it may be an incorrect operating procedure and your new
volume may be also bad. The page pack needs to be formatted completely
with ICKDSF - not just the first cylinder, as some (MVS) storage admin
folks are used to. Depending on what was there in the past, it may
work for part of the volume.
If Q ALLOC shows you only a small number of pages in-use on that
volume (about the same as the number of errors you had) then that
would be my guess.

Rob