On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 00:50:01 +0000, Suleiman Shahin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
om> wrote:

>Greetings folks.
>

>I am back with my perennial subject. I have under zVM 5.3 an SSL server
driven by probably
SLES9.
>with a maximum of 128 sessions and I'm wondering if I can raise that num
ber.

>The TCPIP manual mentions the default of 100 but does not indicate the p
ossible maximum.
>I appreciate your info.
>

>Suleiman Shahin

You want:

APAR Identifier ...... PK52298      Last Changed ........ 08/10/02
  SSL SERVER CONNECTION LIMIT RELIEF

  With the application of this APAR, IBM testing has confirmed
  that the SSL server should accommodate approximately 2000
  concurrent secure connections, when its virtual storage has been
  defined at a 2G maximum.

Is 2000 enough?

However:

  Due to limitations associated with establishing Linux guest
  parameters for accommodating the aforementioned logic changes,
  this support is being provided only for the 64-bit SUSE and
  Redhat distributions on which the z/VM SSL server is supported.

I don't know anything about SUSE 9.

Alan Ackerman
Alan (dot) Ackerman (at) Bank of America (dot) com