Mike, would it be possibe to network connect the two systems, and avoid using
tape at all?

Mike Hammock wrote:
Thanks Alan, we can certainly give that a try..  But... I assumed (there is
that problem word) that if we mounted the tape cartridge, did a "TAPE REW"
then a "TAPE DUMP * * A" that it would wipe out any standard label on the
cartridge... that it would become a no-label tape no matter what it was
before...
As far as I know (!), he has no tape management software or anything else
that would be monitoring or looking for standard labels.
I will mention the SL issue to him though, just in case....
Thanks
Mike

C. M. (Mike) Hammock
Sr. Technical Support
zFrame & IBM zSeries Solutions
(404) 643-3258
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"Alan Altmark" <[EMAIL PROTECTED] ibm.com> To Sent by: The IBM "IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU" z/VM Operating <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU> System cc <[EMAIL PROTECTED] ARK.EDU> Subject Re: 3590: problems reading 11/18/2008 08:34 AM Please respond to The IBM z/VM Operating System <[EMAIL PROTECTED] ARK.EDU>

On Monday, 11/17/2008 at 07:09 EST, Mike Hammock <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>