From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Hicks, Bennie
Sent: Wednesday, November 19, 2008 10:31 AM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: #CP STOP vs. Linux shutdown for disk snapshots

How safe (or unsafe) would use of the #CP STOP of a running linux guest
be in order to make quick disk snapshots (PPRC Suspend in our case) for
a full volume backup versus shutting down the linux OS?  Are there any
impending gotcha's with I/O status or something else that needs to be
discussed?  Please elaborate, as in prep for full volume backup
automation, it seems this method might be quicker, just ignorant to the
implications of it's use.

Thanks, Bennie