On Friday, 11/21/2008 at 11:22 EST, Kris Buelens <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> I tried both, that is "Save Target Link as" (and open the file in
> Explorer) and let the browser do the job.  I don't think it is a
> timeout because when the browser must do the job, I get the error
> message directly.
> I tried again (in the browser) and got the corrupted message.  Then I
> cleared my browser's cache, and tried once more, now I got 2 times
> "file does not start with %PDF", newer tries (with cleared cache)
> yield "corrupted" message.  (all tests today with
> http://linuxvm.org/Present/SHARE111/S9127mp.pdf)

It does start with %PDF.  I have Acrobat 7 (full product) and it is
unreadable.  Acrobat Reader 8 can't read it either.

FWIW, the file doesn't look much like other PDFs I've seen.  Almost as
though it went through ASCII->EBCDIC->ASCII translation and didn't
survive.  It's also missing the <CRLFs> and %%EOF is not found.