from root what does iptables-save show? Is iptables somehow getting started on
the linux guest?

________________________________

From: The IBM z/VM Operating System on behalf of KEETON Dave * OR SDC
Sent: Mon 11/24/2008 7:10 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: [IBMVM] VLAN-Aware VSWITCH & Linux Guest

Thanks for the reply, David.

Yes, doing a VSWITCH DETAILS from TCPMAINT shows the linux machine's IP
address. The output of NETSTAT ARP ALL TCP DTCVSW1 shows the arp cache for
TCPIP and for the linux machine.

An IFCONFIG in Linux indicates the virtual MAC address for the interface ETH0.

I'm going to bring the firewall guys into this. I've already talked to the
network group and they can see my pings on the trunk port, so I need to see if
there are some rules in place that I'm not aware of.

Thanks again,
Dave