On Tuesday, 11/25/2008 at 01:02 EST, "Schuh, Richard" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> MODIFY        - Needed to convey the action to be taken.
> USER          - There is only one form of MODIFY, so this is a
> useless word. Furthermore, it is misleading.

OTOH, the verb MODIFY is so useful and generic (see VSE and MVS), it
didn't make sense to consume it entirely for SFS.  We thought we might
have other things to modify later (like, MODIFY WINDOW.... };-)  )

But I won't argue that MODIFY USER has a nice syntax.  It doesn't.

I would have MODIFY FILESPACE <filespace> BLOCKS <blockspec>

and I wouldn't have mixed the concept of "user" with "filespace". Shoulda,
woulda, coulda.  C'est la vie.  I had been with the company for about 4
years at that point and so my "PITA Index" was considerably lower than it
is now.  Heh heh.  :-)