How many vSwitch rdevices can a single controller userid control? I had
thought it was one, but it appears that they can support more than one... Is
there a limit?

We were adding a second vSwitch in preparation to convert from fiber OSAs to
copper, and I defined two additional controller userids in the CP directory
and set them, giving me DTCVSW1-4. I expected the second vSwitch to use 3
and 4, but when I query the vSwitches, both are using 1 and 2:

q vswitch
VSWITCH SYSTEM VSWC     Type: VSWITCH Connected: 1    Maxconn: INFINITE
PERSISTENT  RESTRICTED    PRIROUTER                 Accounting: OFF
VLAN Unaware
MAC address: 02-00-00-00-00-15
State: Ready
IPTimeout: 5         QueueStorage: 8
RDEV: 8C00 VDEV: 8C00 Controller: DTCVSW1
RDEV: 8D00 VDEV: 8D00 Controller: DTCVSW2  BACKUP
VSWITCH SYSTEM VSWG     Type: VSWITCH Connected: 36   Maxconn: INFINITE
PERSISTENT  RESTRICTED    PRIROUTER                 Accounting: OFF
VLAN Unaware
MAC address: 02-00-00-00-00-01
State: Ready
IPTimeout: 5         QueueStorage: 8
Portname: OSASUE2    RDEV: 8A00 Controller: DTCVSW1  VDEV:  8A00
RDEV: 8B00 VDEV: 8B00 Controller: DTCVSW2  BACKUP
Ready; T=0.01/0.01 09:16:29

So... Is there a limit, and where should I have looked to find it?

--
Robert P. Nix          Mayo Foundation        .~.
RO-OE-5-55             200 First Street SW    /V\