Damned, I never thought to send such a msg "as is" !!! Outlook failed asking
me to send a nice dump to microsoft.

I applied my  (too often tested) Windows DRP to give you some feedback about
this.

First : I don't have any problem. We had years ago but no more now. Our
procedure has been updated with this case.

The fact is I just learnt the reason why a 3380 could have 3339 cyls. I was
supposed to get this info from the support not through the forum :)

Steve, you tell something very important here where DS8300 only accepts
3380TCM. Imagine we buy a DS8300. The day we will ipl our MVS in LPAR, I
suppose the prod would be a bit surprized looking the vtoc and see what they
thought to be a 3380-k. The impact could be dramatic, I suppose.

Alain