On Monday, 12/15/2008 at 11:53 EST, KEETON Dave * OR SDC
<dave.kee...@state.or.us> wrote:
> If I need to access more than one VLAN on a VSWITCH configured for
ETHERNET, do
> I need to create a separate virtual nic for each VLAN or can all the
VLANs be
> associated to one adapter, such as eth0? I've been trying to get the
latter
> configuration to work without any success.

1. You need a virtual trunk port.  Contrary to Marcy's post, specify the
VLANs the guest is authorized to use. (SET VSWITCH GRANT ... PORTTYPE
TRUNK VLAN vlan1 vlan2)
2. Use a single NIC and assign it eth0.
3. Use vconfig to create eth0.1 for vlan1 and eth0.2 for vlan2.