If you can buy a product: VM:Spool, part of CA's suite of VM products
works great to let authorized users read any reasonable spool file on
the system.

If you cannot buy a product: You can use TRACK to look at the last
buffer of an OPEN spool file. And you can use URLIST (I am not sure
exactly which package it is from on the IBM Downloads page but I think
it is from Kris Buelens) to look at a list of files owned by someone
else. URLIST knows how to look at a file if you have VM:Spool, the B
command in URLIST. I have changed URLIST at that point to borrow that
spool file, look at it with SHOWFILE and then put it back in the user's
queue.

/Tom Kern