Hi, Tom.

I don't believe that CMS Rexx has a function that would return the address of a Rexx variable, like the PL/I bif ADDR does. I do, however, have a Rexx external function called CMSSTOR that can obtain and release CMS storage from a Rexx exec. For example:

addr = CMSSTOR('OBTAIN',length)  /* get some storage */
and
rc = CMSSTOR('RELEASE',length, addr)  /* free it up */

You can use the address returned by CMSSTOR with the Rexx bif STORAGE to manipulate data in the obtained storage location.

Would that help here?

Thomas Kern wrote:
I would like to define some REXX variables and then use the storage
addresses for another program to use. How can I find out where in my virtual
storage REXX has allocated a particular variable?
/Tom Kern

--
DJ

V/Soft
  z/VM and mainframe Linux expertise, training,
  consulting, and software development
www.vsoft-software.com