Are the administration and production networks connected to 1 physical switch
over 1 OSA port?
David Kreuter

________________________________

From: The IBM z/VM Operating System on behalf of KEETON Dave * SDC
Sent: Thu 1/8/2009 6:09 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: [IBMVM] Ethernet vswitch definition

I have need for multiple VLAN memberships also. I keep running into
issues with routing when I have more than one VLAN configured. Does
anyone have any pearls of wisdom in this area? Any docs for advanced
VLAN networking with VSWITCH under z/VM 5.4?

Scenario: If you had an environment that consisted of Administration,
Production networks and you wanted a guest to participate in both,
wouldn't you just create two VLAN memberships to eth0 (ala vconfig)? Or
would it be prudent to create a separate VSWITCH for Administration and
Production and use eth0 and eth1 nics (using the PORTTYPE ACCESS
method)?

Thanks,
Dave