From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:ib...@listserv.uark.edu] On
Behalf Of Edward M Martin
Sent: Friday, January 23, 2009 3:26 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: DS6800 concurrent microcode updates

Hello Everyone,

     I am looking into updating the DS6800 to Bundle 6.2.2.85 (ZIP
file).

We are a z890 with 4 ficon connections to two racks.   Each rack has is
cross connected to the Ficon connections.

     I was wondering about how well the actual concurrent update works
in the real world.

     The update indicates that it will drop the first connection,
reconnect, drop the second connection and reconnect.

Seems I saw on one of these sites that there was some problems with the
losing of connections.

     And I am not sure of a backout plan or if there is an option for
backing out.

     Finally, does anyone have a time frame on how long it takes?

Ed Martin

Aultman Health Foundation

330-588-4723

ext 40441

The information transmitted is intended solely for the individual
and/or
other use of or taking action in reliance upon this information by
prohibited. If you have received this email in error please contact
the sender and delete the
material from any computer.