Dear List:

I am trying to trace the creation of an EDEVICE by using TRSOURCE
commands. It appears that there is no 'traditional' I/O done during this
process.

I used the following TRSOURCE commands:

/*  rexx  */
/*  */
'CP TRSOURCE DROP SET FCP'
/*  */
'CP TRSOURCE ID LUN0 SET FCP TYPE IO DEV C600 USER MAINT IODATA 128'
/*  */
'CP TRSOURCE ENABLE SET FCP'
/*  */

I then issued the SET EDEVICE as follows:

SET EDEVICE 200 TYPE FBA ATTR SCSI FCP_DEV C600 WWPN 50060E8003275403
LUN 0000000000000000

EDEVICE 200 was created and associated with FCP device C600.

I then issued the CP commands:

CP TRSOURCE DIABLE ALL
CP TRSOURCE DROP ALL

There was no TRFile created.

This is starting to look like one has to do a 'cptrace' to capture any
diagnostic data.

The reason for my interest in this is because I can create an FCP device
in my SuSE SLES 10 SP 2 virtual machine by attaching real (FCP) device
C600 and I can use YAST ==> zFCP ==> Add to create a device using LUN
zero, but I am not able to create (Add) a device using LUN 0001.

Any assistance greatly appreciated.

TIA

HITACHI
 DATA SYSTEMS