On Tuesday, 02/10/2009 at 01:18 EST, Ron Schmiedge
<ron.schmie...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Would it at least be possible for the information contained in those
> 30 IBM manuals recording the various userids included by IBM in z/VM,
> be gathered into one manual? Say the Guide for Automated Installation
> and Service, which already has "Appendix E: Contents of the z/VM
> System" (or whereever you like). Would that result in warm fuzzies
> instead of cold pricklies? :-)

Eeeeewwwww!  How low-tech!  ;-)  I got burned a couple of decades ago by
my attempt to document every CMS command so that application writers (!)
would know if it were resident in the nucleus, ran in the user area, the
transient area, or was a nucleus extension.  On the positive side, I can
say that the information was valid for *several* months!  In a row, even!

I would rather have a solution that doesn't depend on reading Yet Another
Manual.