From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:ib...@listserv.uark.edu] On
Behalf Of Marcy Cortes
Sent: Tuesday, February 10, 2009 11:36 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: Paging

I'm pretty sure, like 99.5%, that you can see this error by running out
and
not just screwing up your space somehow.
IBM could probably tell you for sure probably...   Remember, by the time
you
issue the q alloc, the situation could have already come and gone.

You didn't say say now much real memory you have, but that one 40G guest
should have you at somewhere 35-40 mod 3's.
You're going to either have to add HW in the form of paging devices or
more
real memory.  Or shrink  your guests significantly (always something to
be
looked at over and over in the z/VM env.).

Marcy

"This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If
you
are not the addressee or authorized to receive this for the addressee,
you
must not use, copy, disclose, or take any action based on this message
or
any information herein. If you have received this message in error,
please
advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message.
Thank
you for your cooperation."