Hello, I am running z/VM 5.4.0 and I want to collect monitorrecords using the
new monwrite options CLOSE  bndy CONFIG EXEC efn.
My monitor sample interval is 1 min.

For a test I used  ' MONWRITE MONDCSS *MONITOR DISK CLOSE 15 CONFIG EXEC
MOVEAWAY'
Every 15 min the file will be closed and my selfwritten MOVEAWAY exec starts.
This exec will copy the file with a new name (it is better to sort) and the
pack option (to save some diskspace),
erase unneeded or older files and ftp the up to date file to a pc. After that
monwrite will continue with the next file.
This works fine with 15 min interval.
But now I have increased the time interval to 120 min and I see very often the
following messages.
             !
ftp return code is --> 0
MOVEAWAY EXEC ends with RC= 0

HCPMOW6272I Now recording in file D021709 T110046 A1
HCPMOW6267I MONITOR WRITER CONNECTION TO *MONITOR ENDED
HCPMOW6265A MONITOR WRITER CONNECTED TO *MONITOR
HCPMOW6269E MACRO IUCV REPLY *MONITOR FAILED WITH RETURN CODE 9
HCPMOW6271A WARNING: OUTPUT FILE DOES NOT CONTAIN INITIAL SAMPLE CONFIGURATION
RECORDS

The help for HCPMOW6271A tells that, this output file may not be usable.
Makes it sense to collect such files?

It seems to be a timing problem. But I want to collect monitorrecords without
the need for human intervention.
Is anybody using these new monwrite options and so kind to share his experience
?

kind regards, mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Horst Rempel
Berufsgenossenschaft            http://www.bgchemie.de