On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 8:51 AM, Shimon Lebowitz <shim...@iname.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I was surprised to discover that there is apparently no way to do
> a DEFINE MDISK without getting read/write access to the mdisk.

> Does anyone have a way around this?

IIRC the DEF MDISK also is limited to the system operator, which I am
not on most systems.

For this purpose I carry a DIAG84 MODULE that does an update of the
active CP directory to re-define one of my mini disks so that I can
issue the LINK to get it. Don't have the syntax handy, but goes
something like this:
  DIAG84 RVDHEIJ MDISK 191 3390 17 20 VMA130
  LINK * 191 22 RR
I used to have an exec that saved and restored the old extent around
the link, but as long as you don't logoff/logon before next directxa
there is no need.

Rob