On Thu, 5 Mar 2009 10:30:50 -0500 Tracy, David said:
>All,
>   We had a server interruption while an FTP transfer was in progress.
>Source files from VM; target AIX.  It appears a non 0 return code was
>not set when this occurred. Has anyone experienced this?
>
>Here is a portion of the console log.
>
>382345214 bytes transferred.
>Connection with P3ELM terminated
>
>No additional error information can be seen in the console.

While not discounting the VMFTP recommendations, I don't understand your
environment from the above.  Is this a VM client doing a PUT to an AIX server
or an AIX client doing a GET from a VM server?  (Both fit the description
above)  Are you saying "server interruption" because you see the connection
terminated message above, or is that something else?

/ahw