Hi

I have been called back to VM to help with a problem VLANs and VSWITCH

we have a z/VM 5.4 system with a VSWITCH through which VM and a some
Linux systems talk
The OSA card is connected to a Cisco 2950
On the 2950 the link is defined as an accessport for VLAN 13
On the VSWITCH all users are defined with VLAN 13 and the VSWITCH is
also defined with VLAN 13
everything works

Now they want to let one of the Linux systems talk on VLAN 305

Our first step was to change the Cisco link to a trunk allowing vlan 13
and 305
Nothing was changed on the VM side
Now NO communication goes through

output from q VSWITCH ACC is
VSWITCH SYSTEM VSW1     Type: VSWITCH Connected: 2    Maxconn: INFINITE

  PERSISTENT  RESTRICTED    NONROUTER                 Accounting: OFF

  VLAN Aware  Default VLAN: 0013    Default Porttype: Access  GVRP:
Enabled
              Native  VLAN: 0013    VLAN Counters: OFF

  MAC address: 02-00-01-00-00-01

  State: Ready

  IPTimeout: 5         QueueStorage: 8

    Authorized userids:

      BCXZLN01 Porttype: Access VLAN: 0013

      BCXZLN02 Porttype: Access VLAN: 0013

      BCXZLN03 Porttype: Access VLAN: 0013

      BCXZLN04 Porttype: Access VLAN: 0013

      BCXZLN05 Porttype: Access VLAN: 0013

      BCXZRH01 Porttype: Access VLAN: 0013

      SYSTEM   Porttype: Access VLAN: 0013

      TCPIP    Porttype: Access VLAN: 0013

  RDEV: FA00.P00 VDEV: FA00 Controller: VSWCTL

Why can we not work?
Can someone help

thank you

Jan de Wet
Deployment (Business Connexion), Services Building, Midrand, South
Africa
Cell:   +27 (0)82 902 1996
Office: +27 (0)11 990 1695

Fax:    +27 (0)86 572 5720