>> There may be an easier/better way, but we put a special version of
>> TCPIP DATA on the SMTP machine.  It has the  NSINTERADDR  commented
>> out so that SMTP cannot use DNS to resolve any addresses.  This
>> forces the use of IPMAILERADDRESS.

> As I indicated in my previous post, just use "IPMAILERADDRESS ALL".
It
> eliminates the need to use a baseball bat to persuade the SMTP server
> forward mail.  Everything that isn't destined for a local VM user will
be
> sent to the designated mail relay with no attempt to resolve any
> destinations in the mail.

I was thinking that the  ALL  option of  IPLMAILERADDRESS  was
introduced in
z/VM 5.x.  It is not documented for z/VM 4.4, so I never tried it.
Given
a 4.4.0 system, is there a better way than the baseball bat approach I
am
using today?   Thanks.

Ed Zell
Illinois Mutual Life
(309) 636-0107
.

CONFIDENTIALITY: This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain
disclosure or use is prohibited.  If you receive this e-mail in error, notify
the sender and delete this e-mail from your system.