Hi,

I am new to Z/VM. I am trying to authorize an existing user-id to be able
issue all commands that MAINT can do. I have followed the steps as descri
bed
in Authorizing an administrator ID for the Z/VM manageability access poin
t.
I have done the following steps:
1) Open the VSMSERVE AUTHLIST file with the CMS editor
2) Add a line of the following form and save the file:
userid                         ALL                                  ALL
3) Issue commands of this form to authorize the administrator user ID for

DirMaint.:
DIRM FOR ALL AUTHFOR userid CMDLEVEL 140A CMDSET ADGHMOPS
DIRM FOR ALL AUTHFOR userid CMDLEVEL 150A CMDSET ADGHMOPS

userid = user-id I want to authorize.

When I issue the commands in step 3 I get the following error :
DVHREQ2288I Your AUTHFOR request for ALL at * has been accepted.

DVHAFU3808E Userid MAINT from VM1 is not authorized to issue
DVHAFU3808E command set M for ALL.

DVHREQ2289E Your AUTHFOR request for ALL at * has failed; with RC =
DVHREQ2289E 3808.

If I do a Q PRIVCLASS I get the following :
14:36:27 Privilege classes for user MAINT
14:36:27         Currently: ABCDEFGMOPS
14:36:27         Directory: ABCDEFGMOPS
Ready; T=0.01/0.01 14:36:27

Did I miss a step? We are running Z/VM 5.3. Any help will be welcome.

Kobus Erwee